Monday 2 November 2015

Thailand *Jul 2013* by ...vale vale...

04-29 Jul 2013

I have started back to travel together with my friend Klaudette. In these past year I have been travelling with her to Malaysia, Tanzania and Peru, but unfortunately she cannot have vacation at the same time as I do, so either I do not go on vacation or I do leave on my own. As you might have imagined I did live on a solo trip, for the first time in my life, at the age of 31.

When I was a teenager I travelled on a yearly basis, but I wasn’t really on my own, I was part of a Youth Exchange Programme.

I looked at Skyscanner and I really didn’t have a clue on where to go to. At the end Thailand seemed to be pretty cheap and safe to go to. Thailand hasn’t been the best trip of my life, but it is the trip which changed my travel experience and which made me meet many many friends from all around the world.

I do not wanna mention them all, but I do know that sooner or later I will meet some of them somewhere on earth.

It hasn’t been that easy to identify the kind of itinerary I was going to do. A preliminary study was done, but then everything was set each previous day.

It was quite a tiring journey and that’s why I decided to spend half of the time at Koh Tao, scuba diving. I didn’t want to move anymore and I just wanted to relax.




Flights: Operated by Emirates (Total price EUR 543.18)   


MXP - DBX - BKK EK0092 + EK0372

BKK – DBX – MXP: EK0377 + EK0101


Travel Map:


Mean of Transport: bus


Destinations:

Day 000 Departure

Day 00 Arrival in Bangkok

Day 01 - 02 Bangkok (Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha Wat Poh, Wat Arun, Gold Mount (closes at 5 pm), Indian District; Standing Buddha, Gold Mount)

Day 03 - 04 Pak Chong

Day 05 Pak Chong – Korat – Phimai – Korat –> Chiang Rai

Day 06 Chiang Rai (Temples)

Day 07 Chiang Rai Tour (White Temple, Golden Triangle, Hill Tribe Village)

Day 08 - 09 Chiang Mai (Temples, Doi Sutherp, Sunday Market)

Day 10 Elephant Camp

Day 11 Chiang Mai – Suko Thai (Not gone) – Bangkok Mo Chit -> CKK – Chumpon - Ko Tao

Day 12 – 23 Ko Tao

Day 24 Departure

Day 25 Arrival


Accommodations:



Day 05: night bus


Day 08 – 10: Mint House, Chiang Mai

Day 11: night train to Chumpon

Day 12 – 23: Ko Tao, Big Blue Diving

Day 24: night train to BKK

 (Tripadvisor account: TravelersAngelsTips)


Tips:

-          Long distance and night buses are well recommended to save on

o   Accommodation cost

-          Buy many bottles of waters and do carry them with you

-          Do carry magnesium and potassium, in order to overcome all the loss you might face, due to the extremely humid weather

-          Do eat as much fruit as possible

o   You find plenty of it along the street (mango, pineapple, paw paw)

-          Credit card

o   Spread all over the country (please have a look at the places I did visit)

-          Phimai


§  Nice place to be visited, absolutely off the beaten path

-          Chang Rai


§  One of the craziest site I have ever visited

-          Chiang Mai


§  Amazing tour

§  Amazing people

o   Cheapest place where to buy souvenirs

§  Thai trousers

§  Paintings

§  Wooden crafts

-          Ko Tao

o   Big Blue Diving

o   More expensive and tourist place

o   Diving Industry

o   Coral Reef: not well preserved

o   Too crowded and too touristy

o   Too young and drunk folks


Total Trip: ~ 1.300 €

·         Flight tickets

·         Accomodations

·         Food

·         Tranport Cost

·         Souvenirs

·         Diving

No comments:

Post a Comment