Friday 30 January 2015

Japan *Dec-Jan 2014-2015* by ...vale vale...

I went to Japan for the second time and it came after 15 years.
Sincerely speaking I was quite scared, because my first visit was as part of an International Youth Exchange Programme. I stayed there 6 weeks most of it was a homestay. I met great and wonderful people. I was treated as the smallest daughter. I felt as if I was part of the family. No doubt about it.
The reason why I was scared is because I have been idealizing Japan since then and I was scared that this upcoming trip would change my mind, but I am happy to say that it didn’t happen. I am more and more in love with Japan and Japanese. That’s it; that’s a matter of facts.
If you have never been there, consider it as one of your next destinations.
I can say that, despite what I remembered, Japan is not anymore SO expensive. If we compare it to Italy, you could pay less your stay in Japan rather than staying in Italy while doing the same kind of trip.
(We were on a budget)

Travel Book: Japan by Lonely Planet

Flights: Operated by Air France
VRN - CDG - HANEDA TOKYO: AF1177 + AF0274
OSAKA KANSAI – CDG – LIN:   AF0291 + AF1312

Travel Map:





Mean of Transport: 99% were trains à be sure to buy the JR Pass; it really worth
                                01% subway – bus - tramway
Destinations:
Day 00-01 Departure - Arrival
Day 02 Tokyo
Day 03 Tokyo - Hakone
Day 04 Hakone – Gora -  Togendai - Hakone Machi - Nagoya
Day 05 Nagoya – Shirakawa go - Nagoya
Day 06 Nagoya - Kyoto
Day 07 Arashiyama Bamboo Grove - Kyoto
Day 08 Kyoto – Nara - Kyoto
Day 09 Kyoto - Hiroshima
Day 11 Kumamoto Castle – Kagoshima – Ibusuki Onsen 
Day 12 Kagoshima – Sakurajima - Beppu
Day 13 Beppu (JigokuHyotan Onsen) - Osaka
Day 14 Osaka
Day 15 Departure - Arrival

Hotels:
Day 06 – 08 Jam Hostel Kyoto Gion

(Tripadvisor account: TravelersAngelsTips)

Restaurants:
Day 14: Breakfast - Royal Host Namba Midosuji
             Dinner - Kimukatsu Osakashochikuzaten

Tips:
-          Get your own JR Pass
-          Get to try the real Japanese food! There are plenty of delicious food a part from most know sushi and sashimi
-          Either get your Google Translate app on your smartphone (:D It might help!) or bring a pocket Japanese –xxx dictionary
-          Get to try an onsen
-          Get to know Japanese culture
-          Get off the beaten paths
-          Get to visit Kyushu
-          Get to visit Japan either in Spring or in Autumn; in summer there is very high humidity; winters are pretty cold. I went both in summer and in winter. Even though last winter was pretty cold, both the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove and Golden Temple were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment